Monday, December 28, 2009

Introduction to the Authors

Welcome to our blog! Several of us authors (whom you will meet shortly) have decided to undertake this collaborative project. We are all Christians who have dedicated our lives to loving God and loving people. One of the ways we want to love people is to provide a resource where others can go and develop deeper in their knowledge of the word and their ability to think critically. As Christians we are called to fill our minds, not empty them.

"Therefore I exhort you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a sacrifice – alive, holy, and pleasing to God – which is your reasonable service. Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God – what is good and well-pleasing and perfect." - Romans 12:1-2 (NET)

We also want to introduce you to each of the authors below:

David Dunlap
My name is David Dunlap, I am 23 years old and am currently going to school at California Baptist University. I am majoring in Christian Studies along with my friend RJ and am loving every minute of it! I am very involved at the church I attend in Riverside, California: Harvest Christian Fellowship. I have attended there for years and am extensively involved in the High School ministry. At church I lead a small study in God's word on Saturdays and then go onto the streets and evangelize with others. I am in love with my Lord and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I have a passion and a desire to know Him better and make Him known to others.

Elizabeth Mousa

I'm Elizabeth Mousa, a senior at Cal Baptist, majoring in Graphic Design and Christian Studies. I go to church at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa and at Harvest Christian Fellowship. I am involved in the Jr. High Ministry at Calvary Costa Mesa—a wild, crazy bunch of kids, but a bunch that constantly challenges me to be genuine with my relationship with the Lord. I love reading and I have fallen in love with Old English; I am intrigued by people such as George MacDonald and A. W. Tozer, great veterans of the Christian faith. Someday, I hope to run a Christian public library and let the others bask in the abundance of Christian resources written over the years. Project Quotations can be a start :)

RJ McCauley
What's going on Bloggers! My name is RJ and in the summer of 2003 I was seized by the glorious gospel of grace in Jesus Christ. I am 23 years old and engaged to my beautiful fiancee Melissa. Also I am currently attending California Baptist University for a B.A. in Christian Studies. Harvest Christian Fellowship is my second home where I fellowship and serve. I teach the Harvest Orangecrest: High School Bible Study, lead Men's Bible Fellowship sports ministry teams, and actively counsel believers in the Prayer & Share ministry. You can check out my personal blog at RJ's BLOG.

KC McCauley
I am a 21 years old and my life has been drastically transformed by the gospel of Christ. I work for the CNUSD at Norco High in the Special Education department and will be graduating with my B.A. in English in the near future. Also, I serve in a high school ministry where I write and edit the Activate Daily, which is a weekly series of daily devotions, and I teach a Bible study at a convalescent home twice a month. As for the future, it is all in the Lord's hands.

Jacob Meiser
I'm a 20 year-old college student that has been called out of darkness into the marvelous light of Jesus. I long to reflect Him in all aspects of my life. I am very involved in the high school ministry of Harvest Christian Fellowship. I've also been blessed to be in charge of a prayer and worship meeting on Monday nights. Other than that, I enjoy reading good books, sharing my faith, writing about random things, hanging out with friends, and laughing at how life is sometimes. You can see my personal blog here.

Marshall Jones Jr. 
My father is a pastor, but I'm a Christian anyway. I've read the Bible cover to cover in a month, hand copied the New Testament, and finished two B. A. degrees two days before turning 20. Now I'm like one of those yellow, sticky notes - I remind friends to encourage others. So yeah, hit me up on my personal site or my Christian blog. We'll be friends right quick. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment