Thursday, April 15, 2010

Visionary Truth

"Our most important vision system is not our physical eyes. We can be physically blind and live quite well. But when we are spiritually blind, we cannot live as God intended. That is why so many Old Testament prophecies say that the Messiah would come to open blind eyes. That is why he is called the Light. Physically blind people are always aware of their deficit and spend much of their lives learning to live with its limitations. But the Bible says that we can be spiritually blind and yet think that we see quite well. The reality of spiritual blindness has important implications for the Christian. If I am going to see myself clearly, I need to hold up the mirror of God's Word in front of me to open my eyes."
- Paul David Tripp

Source: Tripp, Paul David. Instruments In the Redeemer's Hands: People In Need of Change Helping People In Need of Change. P&R Publishing. Phillipsburg, PA. 2002. 54.

No comments:

Post a Comment