Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Test for Worldliness

"Imagine I take a blind test in which my task is to identify the genuine follower of Jesus Christ. My choices are an unregenerate individual and you. I'm given two reports detailing conversations, Internet activity, manner of dress, iPod playlists, television habits, hobbies, leisure time, financial transactions, thoughts, passions, and dreams. The question is: Would I be able to tell you apart? Would I discern a difference between you and your unconverted neighbor, coworker, classmate, or friend? Have the lines between Christian and worldly conduct in your life become so indistinguishable that there really is no difference at all?"
- C.J. Mahaney

Source: Mahaney, C.J., ed. "Is This Verse in Your Bible?" Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World. Wheaton: Crossway Books, 2008. Print. 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment